Monday, January 25, 2010

Getting Into It a Little-Day 9


Over the weekend we had salmon with sauteed cabbage and baked yams. So glad Todd agreed to fish. How could he go forever without sushi anyway? I cooked with teriyaki-flavored tofu for the first time and made fried rice for our Sunday meal. Nothing that exciting, but nourishment nonetheless.

I had to cook for a church function tonight and wanted to make sure there was something we could eat. I have been wanting to see how good vegetarian chili could be so I searched google for recipes. I found Spicy Two-Bean Vegetarian Chili on Epicurious.

I love Epicurious. I find them consistently reliable with such a vast database. This chili was full of veggies, beans (both kidney and black) and great spices including cumin and cinnamon. It asked for bulgar wheat as a thickener, but I was out of it. I substituted farro, a barley-like grain, and it did the trick. We'll see how folks like it tonight.

--Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment